Are you in a role or career that doesn’t suit you anymore; doesn’t inspire you to get up and go to work; doesn’t utilize what you have to offer? Are you finding it hard to figure out what it is that you really want to do?
One of the best places to start your journey is to identify your unique story by asking yourself some basic questions and actually writing down the answers. Don’t just ask them out loud; there really is something about putting the words down in print. Also, don’t censor yourself, don’t judge or question yourself with statements like “can I make money doing that?” or “do I really have the skills for that type of work?”
The following starter questions are intended to help you begin to understand what you are passionate about. As you answer these questions, you will likely see some common themes emerge and other questions will be raised. This is natural and all a part of the discovery process.
• What activities or projects do I feel energized by
• What types of people or projects do I naturally gravitate towards and why ?
• What was the last project I did or effort I was involved in that I felt proud of ?
• Why did I feel that way ?
• Do I seem to focus better when I work in a team or on my own?
• What do my friends, colleagues, and family come to me to help them think about and sort through?
Your answers are the foundation to formulating your path to success. I look forward to working with you as you begin this journey.